This texture pack was painted to what I have come to believe is one of the greatest minecraft texture artists that I have ever heard of. JohnSmith. Neatly packaged in this great texture pack are clean, detailed and sensible block and item textures that bring an unusually unique aspect to the game. Not only is this texture pack enjoyable for role players or just casual players who are looking for a detailed, yet not over done texture pack that will increase their gameplay experience. The texture pack is available in “32x” which I think is sensible seeing as the pack is already detailed enough. Some texture packs can go way over the line with trying to make there texture pack detailed. Some textures could look a little too realistic for the game. Don’t get me wrong, some players enjoy that sort of texture, but in my opinion I think this kind of texture pack is far better than any other I have seen.
This texture pack is enjoyable for everyone, like I said before; it uses a medieval aspect but does not forget simple textures that make the texture pack casual and relaxed. This is what I believe will be the start of a new future for texture packs, Extraordinary.
Something that I found slightly strange, which I only picked up once I had been using the texture pack for at least 3 weeks was that the mushroom textures were the same. I am not sure if this is a bug or a glitch in my game. But if a bug, minor it may be, so it will be an easy one to get over, and continue playing the game.
Something that makes a great texture pack an amazing texture pack is one that will allow you to easily customise what blocks you want in game and which ones you don’t. Looks like this texture pack is an amazing one, seeing as the texture pack provides the users an easy and efficient way to customise every single aspect of the pack to your individual choice. This makes the texture pack unique to you. The customizer is not compatible with Internet Explorer but works with either Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. The customizer can be found here, no downloads required until your texture pack is ready to go. Or you can just simply download the default John Smith texture pack with all the ready-to-go features that it provides, this is recommended as there is no extra hassle you must go through to get it.
JohnSmith Texture Pack V9.7 for Minecraft 1.5.1 Changelogs
- Additional CTM supports
- Changed the lighting
- Compatibility with Minecraft 1.5
How to Download and Install JohnSmith Texture Pack for Minecraft 1.5.1
- Download MCPatcher HD or Optifine
- Download JohnSmith Texture Pack for Minecraft
- Copy and paste the downloaded zip file into a folder named “texturepacks” in Minecraft folder
- Run MCPatcher HD and click Patch
- Open your Minecraft and go to Texture Packs and Mods and choose JohnSmith Texture Packs
- Done and enjoy this amazing Texture Pack!
- Minecraft Skull Island Survival Map
- Minecraft Delta House Map
- Minecraft Bengarfur World of Targur Map
- Minecraft Talaerus The Growth and Death Map
- Minecraft Telios Palace Map
- Missile Wars Mini Game Map for Minecraft 1.8.1
- Minecraft Nerdy Chic Skin
- DeadSpace meets Ironman Skin
- Minecraft World Generation Manager Mod 1.7.10, 1.7.2
- Minecraft Forge Mod Loader 1.7.10, 1.7.2