This mod allows the player to decide what ores are generated in their worlds and how they are distributed. In addition to the vanilla “cluster” distribution, it currently offers custom-written “vein” and “cloud” distributions.
CustomOreGen supports mod-added ores, biomes, and dimensions. The default config file includes RedPower ores and ExtraBiomesXL biomes out of the box, and config data for other mods is easily added.
- This mod requires either ModLoader, ForgeModLoader, or Minecraft Forge. You must download and install one of these before installing the mod.
- Risugami’s Modloader is a classic but aging modding tool. COG will still run with ModLoader, but some features will be disabled (in-game options menu, debugging wireframes, and support for dimensions other than the overworld and the nether).
- ForgeModLoader is a newer mod utility that is supposed to be (but frequently is not) compatible with all ModLoader mods. All major features of COG will work with FML. Some debugging features (i.e. wireframes) will not.
- Minecraft Forge is an extensive API used by a large community of mods. It has many features, changes many core minecraft files, and updates frequently. All COG features work with Forge.
- Once you have installed one of these three prerequisites, download the CustomOreGen Mod archive and place it in your .minecraft/mods folder
- Because terrain generation is handled entirely by the server in multiplayer, only the server needs to have CustomOreGen installed. Regular players do not need to modify their clients to play on a server with CustomOreGen. Only the Mojang server is supported at this time; there is not yet a port for Bukkit.
- If you are a server operator, you need to download and install either Minecraft Forge or ForgeModLoader. Forge is an extensive API used by a large community of mods; FML is a relatively light-weight rewrite of the Modloader API that supports servers. Choose whichever best suits your needs. All server-side features of COG work with both Forge and plain FML.
- Once you have installed one of these two prerequisites, download the CustomOreGen Mod archive and place the archive in the /mods folder of your server
- Updated for Minecraft 1.4.4.
- <Import> and <OptionalImport>. New config sytax for merging the contents of external XML files into the main config file.
- <ConfigSection>. New structural element for grouping content in the config file. Equivalent to <IfCondition condition=’true’>.
- Seed attribute. All distributions now take a Seed attribute, which controls the random number generation for that distribution. Distributions with the same seed and setting values will share the same geometry.
- /cogPopulate command. New debugging command that populates (or repopulates) chunks near the player with ore.
- Bug fixes. Dimension IDs outside the range [-128,127] are now supported (thanks to Keybounce for pointing this out). Fixed a bug in the /cogSetting command that caused NPE crash when the type argument was not specified.
- Default setting values on the wiki. The list of default setting values for the four distribution algorithms has been removed from the standard config file and moved to the wiki.
Download Minecraft Custom Ore Generation Mod [1.4.4]:
- Giacomo’s Fishing Net Mod 1.8, 1.7.10, 1.7.2
- Palace of Culture and Science Map
- Mega Server Spawn Map
- Blind Hero Skin
- Fantasy Princess Skin
- Space Marine Skin
- Fawkesy Skin
- I played Minecraft with HoloLens, and it was pretty awesome
- Storage Drawers: Forestry Pack Mod 1.7.10, 1.7.2
- Storage Drawers: Biomes O’ Plenty Pack Mod 1.7.10, 1.7.2